Slideshow is a distinctive way to show and share your photos with your family and friends. Using a slideshow creator, you can easily make a slideshow of your great photos with music, transitions, text, effects, and more. You can also output the slideshow to a movie file and even burn the slideshow to a DVD disc.
There are various reasons to encode your slideshow into video files. You can upload the slideshow video to websites like YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Flickr, etc. to share with your online friends. Or you can save the slideshow video to the cloud like Dropbox and SkyDrive so that all your computers and devices have access to the file. Besides, you can get the slideshow movie transferred to mobile devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Xbox, and more so that you can enjoy the show anytime anywhere.
In this post, I’d like to focus on Android smartphones and tablets and show you how to create photo slideshow movie for playing on Android.
The only tool you need is Slideshow Maker for Mac.
1. Download and install Slideshow Maker to your Mac
Download Slideshow Maker fo Mac
2. Add photos and music
Launch Slideshow Maker. In the Images tab, you will be able to browse all the photos in your Mac. You can drag and drop pictures from iPhoto library or other folders in your Mac hard drive to the timeline.
Switch to the Music tab, and you will be able to add music from GarageBand or iTunes library to the timeline. You can load songs from other folders in your Mac hard drive as well.
3. Set theme and transition
Click the Theme tab, and you can select a theme for your slideshow. You can also click the Customize button and select a background image for the theme.
By default, the transition effects will be applied randomly and marked as dice icons. You can click the dice icon and select the transition effect you like. You can also choose to apply the transition to all photos.
4. Encode slideshow into MP4 video
While creating your slideshow, you can feel free to click the Play button to preview the real time effects.
Click menu DVD Photo Slideshow Professional -> Preferences… to go to the Options window. There you can specify the path and format (MP4 or MOV) for the output file.
To make the slideshow video playable on Android devices, just choose MP4 as the output format.
Then click menu Share and choose Encode to Movie.
In the Share Video window, you can input title and description and set Video Size (Medium – 360, Large – 540p, HD – 720p or HD – 1080p) for the output video.
5. Transfer slideshow video to Android
When you get the output slideshow video file, follow the steps below to get it transferred to your Android phone or tablet:
- On the device, select Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities, and choose the Connect storage to PC option.
- Connect the device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
- On the screen of the device, select the Connect USB storage option.
- A removable disk will mount to your computer. You will see it listed under Computer if you’re a Windows user, or on the Desktop if you’re a Mac user.
- Drag and drop slideshow video file over to the removable disk. You may create a folder within the removable disk first for saving video files.