If you recorded lots of video clips with your iPhone camera and now you want to burn them into DVD for viewing on TV, you may be looking for a DVD burning app. Actually, if you are using a Mac, burning a DVD cannot be easier using the iDVD app pre-installed to your Mac. What’s a little bit complicated is to transfer the recorded videos from your iPhone to your Mac. So this article will be divided into the following two parts:
Part 1. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
The Wireless Transfer App offers a pretty good and creative way to get iPhone videos over to Mac. As its name indicates, this app only requires that you have your iPhone and your Mac connected to the same Wi-Fi network. There’s no need for iTunes sync or cable connection. Below are the steps:
- Download and install Wireless Transfer App on your iPhone
- Make sure your iPhone and your Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Run Wireless Transfer App on your iPhone.
- Find the http address at the bottom of the screen.
- Open a web browser in your Mac and type the address exactly as that appears on your iPhone (including the colon and the following port number).
- The browser will list all the photos and videos in your iPhone.
- Select and download the videos you want to download to your Mac and burn to DVD.
Part 2. Burn iPhone Recorded Videos in iDVD on Mac
iDVD is a DVD-creation application for OS X which allows the user to burn QuickTime Movies, MP3 music, and digital photos to a DVD that can then be played on a commercial DVD player. The videos shot with iPhone can be directly imported into iDVD for burning. Below are the steps:
- Launch iDVD and create a new project.
- In the new project, switch to the “Media” tab.
- In the “Movies” tab, find the transferred iPhone videos and drag them to the left panel of the project.
- After all necessary settings such as background music, themes, buttons, drop zones, click “File” -> “Burn DVD…” to start burning iPhone recorded photos and videos to DVD on Mac. You may also choose to save the project as Disc Image or VIDEO_TS Folder.
Now your iPhone recorded videos have been moved to your Mac and burnt into DVD in iDVD on Mac. You can enjoy your great iPhone videos on TV with a DVD player and share them with your family and friends.