Did you record several great videos on your iPhone and now you want to make a DVD of the videos to keep them forever? You may be looking for a way to burn iPhone videos to DVD. Actually, this can be accomplished but the process is not easy if you don’t want to pay dollors. To burn iPhone videos to a DVD disc on Windows 7, you will need to:
- Transfer videos from iPhone to Windows PC
- Convert iPhone video (.mov)
- Burn iPhone video to DVD in Windows DVD Maker
What you will need:
- Wireless Transfer App for iPhone ($1.99)
- Clone2Go Video Converter (free)
- Windows DVD Maker (Windows 7 built-in application)
Using this 3-step method to burn iPhone videos to DVD seems to be very troublesome and does cost $1.99. However, compared with the way of using a $40-50 DVD burning tool, it is well worth a try. By the way, you will find the transfer app very helpful if you need to transfer photos and videos betwen iPhone and computer and even from one iDevice to another from time to time.
Now let’s take a look at the whole steps:
1. Transfer videos from iPhone to PC using Wireless Transfer App
1) Download and install Wireless Transfer App to your iPhone
2) Make sure your iPhone and your Windows PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3) Run Wireless Transfer App on your iPhone.
4) Find the http address at the bottom of the screen.
5) Open a web browser in your Windows PC and type the address exactly as that appears on your iPhone (including the colon and the following port number).
6) The browser will list all the photos and videos in your iPhone.
7) Select and download the videos you want to burn to DVD.
2. Convert iPhone video using Clone2Go Free Video Converter
The iPhone videos transferred to your Windows PC are in .mov format and thus cannot be directly imported into Windows DVD Maker project. You will need to convert the videos from mov to avi, mpg, wmv or other Windows formats. Clone2Go Free Video Converter is an excellent tool to do this.
1) Click the “Add Video” button to import your iPhone videos.
2) From the “Profile” drop-down list, choose “Customized AVI Movie (*.avi)” as the output format.
Note: You need to set the “video codec” to “msmpeg4v2″ in order to get the converted avi files successfully imported into Windows DVD Maker.
3) Click the “Start Encode” button to start to convert iPhone video to AVI.
3. Burn iPhone videos to DVD in Windows DVD Maker
After your iPhone video files are converted into AVI video, you can launch Windows DVD Maker and import the avi files into Windows DVD Maker for burning to DVD.