What is MSWMM?
A *.MSWMM is a project file of Windows Movie Maker; it is not a video file (more like a record file).
How to Convert MSWMM Files?
You can open *.MSWMM file in Windows Movie Maker (click “File -> Open Project Project…”) and save the movie to your computer: go to the “Tasks” bar, click “Finish Movie” and then click “Save to my computer”.
Then Windows Movie Maker will ask you to enter a file name for your movie and choose a folder to save your movie. The movie will be saved as a WMV file in the PC.
After you have saved the MSWMM file to your computer hard drive as WMV video, you can now begin to convert the WMV file to the specific video format you need.
You may go and download Clone2Go Video Converter Professional to help you.
The steps are quite simple:
1. Import the WMV file to the program.
2. Choose an output format. For example, if you want to watch the movie on your iPad, you can choose “iPad MPEG-4 Movie” as the output format.
3. Start to convert.
How to Burn MSWMM to DVD?
To burn MSWMM to DVD, you will need DVD authoring software. Here, I’d recommend using Photo DVD Burner Professional. Below is the screenshot of this program:
Let’s take a look at how it performs:
1. Click “Organize” -> “Add Video Clips…” to import the video into the program. Note: Photo DVD Burner Professional only supports .avi video format. So you need to convert WMV (saved from MSWMM) to AVI file first. You also need to set the “video codec” to “msmpeg4v2″ before conversion.
2. Go to the “Choose Menus” tab to choose a DVD menu template. You can also specify background music and background image, set font style, size, color, etc to customize the menu template.
3. Go to the “Burn Disc” tab to start burning videos to DVD.