Thanks to a big display with 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi), the Apple iPad is perfect for watching slideshows of your favorite photos.
To find out how to create a new slideshow, just follow our simple instructions:
- Tap the Photos icon in the dock on the iPad home screen
- Open an album or stack
- Select Slideshow from the action button dropdown in the top right hand corner of the screen
- You can opt to have music on or off and choose a song from your iTunes library
- Next, choose a transition effect for transitions between photos
- Tap Start Slidehsow and the slideshow will begin
To use the iPad as a digital photo frame that will automatically cycle through all of your photos, simply tap the slideshow icon in the bottom right corner of the iPad lock screen (to the right of “slide to unlock”).
However, if you want to show your photos in a cooler way, it is recommended downloading the popular iPad slideshow app named Photo Slideshow Director HD from the iTunes app store.
Here are some features of Photo Slideshow Director HD that I’d like to highlight:
- Apart from photos from your iPad Photo Library, this app lets you import photos from Facebook photo albums, Picasa photo albums and Flickr photo sets as well.
- You can add more than one song as the background music.
- There are dozens of transitions available for your choice.
- You can export the slideshow as an HD video, which can be easily transferred to your PC or Mac.
- You can directly upload the encoded slideshow video to YouTube and Facebook.
- The cool photo editor feature allows you to beautify each photo.
- Directly stream the slideshow to HDTV for showing on its big screen