I have the iMovie app installed on my iPad 2. I’d like to add pics shot with my iPhone 4 to my iMovie project to create movies from time to time. Though I can also install iMovie on my iPhone and directly edit the photos there, I still prefer working on my iPad due to its bigger screen. If there are only one or several photos I need to import into iMovie, I just send them by email on my iPhone and then receive and save them on my iPad. Yet, if there are a great number of photos I need to insert into iMovie, it is just troublesome to send and receive emails. Before, I would download photos from my iPhone to my iPad in the following way:
1. Connect my iPhone to my PC via cable
2. Copy the photos from my iPhone to my PC
3. Connect my iPad to my PC via cable
4. Launch iTunes
5. Transfer the photos from my PC to my iPad with the sync of iTunes
Obviously, regarding the lengthy steps, it is an inadvisable way to get iPhone photos over to iPad. Besides, if you view iPhone photos on your PC, you will find they are unorganized with numerous folders. It is hard to get the photos you really need.
I am glad I now have Wireless Transfer App to help me transfer photos between my iPad and my iPhone. This app utilizes wifi connection to transfer photos and videos between iPhone, iPad or iPod devices. You never need iTunes or USB cable again. And it is now available for free on the iTunes app store. It is well worth trying it out right now. Here is the iTunes preview link:
Now let me share my experience of using Wireless Transfer App to transfer photos from my iPhone to my iPad:
1. Download Wireless Transfer App and install it on my iPhone and my iPad.
2. Check whether my iPad and my iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Run Wireless Transfer App on my iPad and my iPhone
Below is the welcome interface of Wireless Transfer App for iPhone
4. Tap the “Receive” button on my iPad. Then the device name of my iPhone appears.
5. Tap the name of my iPhone. All photos and videos in my iPhone’s photo library are listed.
6. Select the photos that I want to transfer. Tap the “Download” button to start the transfer. The selected photos are being downloaded to my iPad photo library.
7. Launch the “Photos” app in my iPad to find the photos downloaded from my iPhone.